PlayStation Vue, the live streaming service owned by Sony, has added 17 local Fox network affiliates, writes Fierce Cable.
Local channels, or the lack thereof, has been a top focus for live streaming services as they seek to round their lineups to compete more effectively with traditional pay TV service from cable and satellite operators.
However, DIRECTV Now, Sling TV, Hulu Live, YouTube TV and Vue all still missing local channels in most markets. By example, DIRECTV Now says it now offers local channels in 70 percent of U.S. markets, but that only means it has at least one local network affiliate rather than all five (NBC, CBS, Fox, CW and ABC.)
In many DIRECTV Now markets, in fact, the live streamer offers just one or two local network affiliates.
Vue’s local Fox additions include:
- Baltimore – FOX 45
- Cleveland-Akron (Canton) – FOX 8
- Columbus, Ohio – FOX 28
- Denver – FOX 31
- Hartford & New Haven, Connecticut – FOX 61
- Indianapolis – FOX 59
- Kansas City, Missouri – FOX 4
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin – FOX 6
- Nashville, Tennessee – FOX 17
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – FOX 53
- Portland, Oregon – FOX 12
- Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto – FOX 40
- Salt Lake City – FOX 13
- San Antonio – FOX San Antonio
- San Diego – FOX 5
- Seattle-Tacoma – Q13 FOX
- St. Louis – FOX 2
— Phillip Swann