Advertisements

Charter to Drop Chiller Channel

Charter has notified subscribers that it will drop both the Chiller channel and Esquire Network on April 25. Both channels are owned by NBC.

The decision to drop Esquire is no surprise; NBC has already announced that it plans to close Esquire later this year and relaunch the channel as an online service only.

Amazon: See today’s 1-Day-Only deals.

But the loss of carriage on Charter, the nation’s third largest pay TV service, could make NBC re-evaluate Chiller’s future as well. Dish, the fourth largest pay TV service, dropped the horror-theme channel earlier this month. (Combined, Dish and Charter have roughly 30 million subscribers.)

Amazon: See today’s deals on Blu-ray movies and TV shows.

Comcast, which owns NBC, also does not carry Chiller. However, DIRECTV and AT&T, which combined make up the nation’s largest pay TV service, does carry Chiller.

NBC decided earlier this year to eliminate the Cloo channel in large part to a loss of carriage on major pay TV services.

Amazon’s Fire TV: See your favorite streaming services.

Caley Gray, a NBC spokesperson, said today that NBC has no plans to close Chiller.

Advertisements

39 Comments on Charter to Drop Chiller Channel

1. rebrand it scifi 2.

• Please don’t drop chiller. I watch it every night. I love to watch “scary movies” and its the only one that shows 1/2 way descent ones !!!!!! Drop one of the stupid channels you show !!

2. Another niche’ channel gone. Once SyFy rebranded their lineup to 50% Reality-based television programming, I watched Chiller more than SyFy and some other channels combined.

3. Roger zavoda // March 5, 2017 at 12:00 am // Reply

Don’t cut Chiller I watch it all the time

• Linda Ridenour // April 29, 2017 at 11:20 am // Reply

I thinking about finding a company that has chiller I just changes to spectrum three weeks ago. If I had known they were dropping chiller I wouldn’t had changes. They should have told me they were dropping chiller.

4. This really bothers me. I love watching chiller especially binging on the weekends watching movies. It was one of the reasons I decided to pay more for television programming. May have to re-evaluate my cable tv plan.

5. mary mac vicar // April 25, 2017 at 12:23 pm // Reply

we have decided to cancel cable. We can get all we want on netflix

6. one reason i got expanded was chiller.. will rethink my service…….by the way thanks for the warning…..

• they gave warning 30 days in advanced its located in the news section on your bill, but we know no one looks at that

7. Louisa Alexander // April 25, 2017 at 1:55 pm // Reply

This is awful…how can u drop Chiller? Its one of my most watched channels on Charter

• it is not the most watched channel that’s why chiller has gone off the air for good, its not going to come back, and you can thank the channel provider for that, charter has nothing to do with it, but everyone is quick to blame them when they don’t even understand how cable company’s work

8. Thomas Livins // April 26, 2017 at 9:53 am // Reply

I’m upset the channel was removed and want to place my complaint… Plus no warning about it. Thomas Lovins

9. they dropped one of the main stations i watch charter can suck my balls

10. Theresa Hatley // April 26, 2017 at 10:56 am // Reply

Please bring back the chiller Channel that is one of my most favorite Channel

11. hiver printemps // April 26, 2017 at 1:17 pm // Reply

This is the true meaning of capitalism if a program/channel shows any slight drop of ratings which equate to money, corporations will drop it in a blink of eye with no slight regard least of all loyalty to their paying customers. While the CEO’s and CFO’s give themselves big fat bonuses for saving their corporations millions of dollars all on your discontent.

12. Barbara Bringitback // April 26, 2017 at 10:12 pm // Reply

BRING CHILLER BACK ! This is ridiculous! Since our cable company was bought out, we have lost channels, the internet goes out all the time, and our monthly bill has increased for LESS services!

13. The chiller channel was 1 of my favorite station I looked forward to watching it every day after work!!!net flicks here I come! #Spectrum thumbs down

14. This is so unfair! Chiller is one of many channels charter is being stupid over. Boooooooo charter. May have to get me an Amazon Stix.

15. Bring back chiller channel

16. Donna Lynn Isbell // April 28, 2017 at 11:00 pm // Reply

At this time of tremendous competition among cable providers why would you take away stations and reduce service? Join me in looking for alternative providers that might be more responsive to customer demands and appreciate their customers.

While the Chiller station is not necessarily my cup of tea I believe that if this channel brings pleasure to any group of customers it should still be on the air.

17. Donna Lynn Isbell // April 29, 2017 at 2:47 am // Reply

I just got off the phone with customer service of Chartter. The tech said that the Chiller station has gone out of business. He said that Charter had no input into the decision to remove these stations.

18. Mary Prewitt // April 29, 2017 at 6:08 pm // Reply

Chiller is ONE of my FAVORITES
    ..Pls. keep it. It was one of the reasons I switched to Spectrum.

19. Don’t drop the Chiller Channel, its our favorite channel, mine and my daughters. Its been a hard week since we are not able to watch this, please bring it back. Cable is not the same with out it, we need the Chiller Channel back.

20. No CHILLER? Off to Netflix!

21. chiller is no longer in business you can switch providers but there still wont be a chiller channel, they dropped it completely due to not enough viewers watching it, so clearly it wasn’t that popular

22. Not true. It’s on Directv right now. Channel 257.

23. spectrum sucks !!! ever since they took over everything has gone down hill …loosing chn.s..moving chn.s so you never see whats on…one more ch goes …then so do i !!!

• I spoke to a Spectrum rep this morning, and this has nothing to do Spectrum at all; and since Spectrum has taken over TWC, my bill has actually DECREASED by $5.00, and while that doesn’t seem to be much, it is the mere fact that my bill decreased that says a lot to me about where Spectrum may be heading in the future.

24. Shirley Saunders // May 6, 2017 at 8:18 am // Reply

that is so stupid, chiller is the best.

25. Wow, all the comments I am reading here in support of Chiller not being killed, but where were you when the ratings were slumping to the point that the channel owner decided to kill it? And, as someone else had pointed out, people are quick to blame their channel provider, ie Spectrum in my case, but what people don’t seem to want to accept is this has nothing to do with whether or not the channel providers want to, or don’t want to carry the network in their programming – this was entirely a channel owner thing, and has nothing to do with the channel providers.

26. That is incorrect if it was an owner thing and not provider then you wouldn’t see it on AT&T and Direct TV
    Charter dropped the service

27. I was pissed also that Chiller was dropped. I upgraded my service because of the Chiller channel and not even a month after I upgraded, the channel was gone. Thank goodness that I didn’t drop DirecTV altogether, I may drop Spectrum since I have had nothing but problems since I switched to them anyway.

28. Cut the cable cord // May 17, 2017 at 12:47 am // Reply

Yes, Spectrum is nothing but problems despite the new name and their campaign to improve their public image, it’s still the same old old old TWC on the inside…

Besides Chiller and the other channels mentioned here they also dropped Fearnet a couple years ago!

29. Peter J Marcello Jr // May 27, 2017 at 2:22 pm // Reply

TWC always sucked. So it’s been replaced with Spectrum, which sucks even more. no more Chiller, no more Reelz, my TCM went blank and won’t be fixed for three days, if at all. Time to check out Direct TV.

30. Sandy Rusdi // June 22, 2017 at 10:51 am // Reply

I have been calling Charter about dropping the Chiller TV…my fave channel, and was told that Chiller pulled from Charter. After reading this article, I called back and then was told Chiller could not provide to anything but satellite companies; AT&T Direct TV. I am not understanding what is going on!!! How do I get Chiller TV? Do I need to change companies?