Q. I recorded last week’s episode of The Americans on my Comcast X1 set-top, but I accidentally deleted it before I could watch it. Is there any way to bring the show back on my set-top? I really want to watch it. — Carl, Boston, Massachusetts.
Carl, there are two ways to watch last week’s The Americans, the spy drama which airs on FX. First, you can go to the FX Now app on your mobile device or Smart TV set-top, type in your Comcast user name and password, and watch the show from there.
However, for future reference, there’s also a way to restore any deleted show on your Comcast X1 set-top. Here’s how, according to Comcast’s web site.
1. Pick up your remote and click the Xfinity button.
2. Then, use the Arrow button on your remote to scroll down to the Saved header.
3. After clicking Saved, use the Arrow button to highlight Recordings and then Recently Deleted.
4. From there, you click on the show you want to restore with the OK button.
5. Finally, select Recover and press OK again to restore the show.
Comcast says recently deleted shows will stay on the X1 set-top until the storage limit is reached, or if you go into that section and permanently delete a show.
The TV Answer Man web site is supported solely from your purchases from Amazon.com. We urge you to buy something now using this link. Every purchase helps. Many thanks.
If you have a question for the TV Answer Man, send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you want to see the latest news in TV technology, go to TVPredictions.com
To subscribe to Phillip Swann’s Twitter page, click SwannionTV.